- RSS Channel Showcase 3795970
- RSS Channel Showcase 5460879
- RSS Channel Showcase 4980023
- RSS Channel Showcase 4587279
Articles on this Page
- 01/24/17--10:24: _Tips For Seniors Tr...
- 06/07/17--09:51: _TuGo’s Traveller Me...
- 06/12/17--14:40: _How to Understand Y...
- 06/27/17--09:00: _Terrorism & War – D...
- 06/30/17--09:05: _US Immigration Ban:...
- 07/12/17--10:46: _4 Types of Travel I...
- 08/02/17--09:00: _Travel Outside Cana...
- 10/03/17--09:00: _Everything You Need...
- 11/02/17--08:00: _Why You Need Insura...
- 03/06/18--09:07: _Family Travel Insur...
- 04/16/18--09:00: _Car Rental Insuranc...
- 04/25/18--11:06: _Visitors to Canada:...
- 05/15/18--09:00: _How to Speed Up the...
- 05/28/18--09:00: _Top 5 Travel Insura...
- 07/24/18--01:20: _How Hospital Billin...
- 07/31/18--10:34: _5 Last Minute US Ro...
- 08/14/18--16:21: _Back to School, Bac...
- 08/21/18--16:15: _How to be a Respons...
- 09/18/18--09:38: _Top 5 Emergency Med...
- 01/24/17--10:24: Tips For Seniors Travelling to Cuba
- 06/12/17--14:40: How to Understand Your Travel Insurance Policy
- 06/27/17--09:00: Terrorism & War – Does Your Travel Insurance Cover You?
- 07/12/17--10:46: 4 Types of Travel Insurance You May Need on Your Road Trip
- 08/02/17--09:00: Travel Outside Canada: How Provincial Health Plans Cover You Abroad
- 11/02/17--08:00: Why You Need Insurance for Cruise Travel + Your FAQs Answered
- 03/06/18--09:07: Family Travel Insurance: 3 of Your FAQs Answered
- 04/16/18--09:00: Car Rental Insurance: What You Need to Know Before You Buy
- 05/15/18--09:00: How to Speed Up the Travel Insurance Claims Process
- 05/28/18--09:00: Top 5 Travel Insurance Tips for Hurricane Season
- 07/24/18--01:20: How Hospital Billing Works Abroad in a Travel Emergency
- 07/31/18--10:34: 5 Last Minute US Road Trip Destinations to Hit Before Summer Ends
- 08/14/18--16:21: Back to School, Back to Reality: College Claim Stories
- 08/21/18--16:15: How to be a Responsible Traveller
- 09/18/18--09:38: Top 5 Emergency Medical Claims: Why You Need Travel Insurance
Now that winter has officially begun, you’re probably already starting to plan your winter vacation. If you’re an avid traveller who loves the sun, you’ll fall in love with Cuba, and you’ll definitely want to read this post! Here are the best tips for you to enjoy your time in Cuba. Choosing the Right All-Inclusive […]
If you’re over 60 and love to travel, you’re probably familiar with a Medical Health Questionnaire (MHQ), which must be completed to determine your rate (not your eligibility) for TuGo® Travel Insurance. Our Customer Service team receives many calls about how medications and treatments impact MHQ rates. While we can’t speak to other travel insurance […]
The post TuGo’s Traveller Medical Health Questionnaire: FAQs for Senior Travellers appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
When it comes to trip planning, most travellers start with a checklist that includes everything from booking accommodations to making reservations, and planning an itinerary to buying travel insurance. What often gets missed is reading the fine print. Agreed – it’s a cliché, and not something most of us look forward to, especially when we’re […]
Unfortunately, terrorism is a common news topic these days. With the recent attacks in Manchester and London, it’s evident that these events are happening more frequently, so you should be aware of how to protect yourself. It may be an uncertain world, but that shouldn’t stop us from travelling. Many travel insurance policies have exclusions […]
The post Terrorism & War – Does Your Travel Insurance Cover You? appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
U.S. President Donald Trump’s Executive Order has caused confusion and anxiety for travellers across the globe. With so much conflicting information, it’s difficult to understand how the immigration ban affects you. We’ll help explain the impact of the US travel ban on Canadians and Visitors to Canada currently affected by the ban. Latest on the Executive […]
The post US Immigration Ban: Travel Insurance for Canadians & Visitors to Canada appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
Canada’s sesquicentennial celebrations started with a bang this year when both Lonely Planet & New York Times voted it as the best country to travel in 2017. But we’ve always known that Canada is an awesome travel destination. While many are busy booking flights for urban getaways in Canada and across the border, a majority […]
The post 4 Types of Travel Insurance You May Need on Your Road Trip appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
As Canadians, we often take for granted how much travel coverage outside of Canada really costs because we’re fortunate to have provincial health care plans. But did you know that if a medical emergency happens when you’re travelling out-of-country, provincial health care coverage pays for less than 10% of the total expenses? Many service costs […]
The post Travel Outside Canada: How Provincial Health Plans Cover You Abroad appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
Fall has arrived and as the days get cooler, we’re getting pumped for winter travel! Whether it’s a lazy beach vacay or a mountain top adventure, anticipating an upcoming vacation is always part of the fun. When you’ve invested your money, time and energy into planning the trip of a lifetime, the last thing you […]
The post Everything You Need to Know about Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption Insurance appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
Stressed, overwhelmed, in need of a relaxing getaway? Canadians are a busy bunch! With all of life’s obligations, we’re pressed for leisure time. Cruises provide an effortless way to unwind, spend quality time with family and friends and see some sights, surrounded by all the creature comforts. However, cruise itineraries can be complex. Before you […]
The post Why You Need Insurance for Cruise Travel + Your FAQs Answered appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
We’ve nearly made it through another long, frigid winter and spring is on its way! If you couldn’t escape for a family vacation in the sun over the winter holidays, you’re probably ready to get out of dodge. Whatever the season, we’ll find any excuse for a holiday. Why not make March break yours? Whether […]
As much as we would like travel to be spontaneous, it involves a lot of decision making. From researching and booking, to making itineraries and creating checklists. Trip planning is often exciting, but also stressful. This is especially true as we become our own travel agents and decide on areas where we have little experience. […]
The post Car Rental Insurance: What You Need to Know Before You Buy appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
Spring is in full effect, so what better time to see all that Canada has to offer? If you’re planning an upcoming trip to Canada, you may need to start thinking about which visa is right for you. Despite being the most popular, a Super Visa isn’t the only visitor visa available. Believe it or […]
The post Visitors to Canada: Your Guide to Navigating Visitor Visas and Travel Insurance appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
Travel can bring unexpected events… usually good ones, but sometimes some not so good ones too. That’s why having travel insurance to cover the unexpected ones is so important. But who wants to stress over claiming on travel insurance due to illness or an injury, a travel insurance claim for cancellation, or a motor vehicle […]
The post How to Speed Up the Travel Insurance Claims Process appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve been planning your trip for quite a while. But hurricane season can be a wild card that changes your plans in a second. The Atlantic hurricane season starts in early June and can run as late as November. This raises a lot of questions for Canadians travelling to hurricane […]
Geared up for these last few weeks of summer travel? Hopefully, there won’t be misadventures! But if you do end up in an emergency situation, you’ll want to understand your travel insurance policy, as well as who handles your hospital billing abroad. Direct billing isn’t always possible, and up-front payments for treatment are sometimes required. […]
The post How Hospital Billing Works Abroad in a Travel Emergency appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
The long, sun-kissed days of summer are already getting a little shorter, and the school season seems right around the corner. Whether your family has already had its big blowout vacation, or you’re just now realizing you let too many of the season’s blazing days get away, there’s still time to sneak in a road […]
The post 5 Last Minute US Road Trip Destinations to Hit Before Summer Ends appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
Back to school season is on the horizon, and if you’re taking the plunge to study abroad or you’re a visitor studying in Canada, there’s no better time to buy student travel medical insurance. Yes, it’s true that many people think unexpected medical emergencies won’t happen to them while they’re away, but the truth is, […]
The post Back to School, Back to Reality: College Claim Stories appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.
We often see the words “responsible” and “travel” used in the same sentence; although an obvious pairing for us these days, traditionally, the focus of travel has mostly been on the traveller and what a destination can do for them. While this might seem a little one-sided at first glance, there are current trends in travel […]
Claims can be a tricky subject, and if you’re like me, you likely never think anything “unexpected” or “unfortunate” will happen to you on vacation – especially if you’re under 25. But believe it or not, even the slightest incident or symptom can lead to an emergency medical claim – even a flu can send […]
The post Top 5 Emergency Medical Claims: Why You Need Travel Insurance appeared first on TuGo Travel Blog.